How to Change Your Mind Without Being a Flip-Flopper
As a Leader, there will be times when you have to change directions. This is something you can’t help, how do you do this without your employees thinking you’re a flip-flopper? Here is 5 bases you have to touch when changing your mind, this will help you change your decisions without losing creditability with your staff.
- Tell your supporters how your ideas have evolved
- Assure supporters that they aren’t being abandoned
- Make sure supporters understand that a change in tactic is not a change in intent
- Make it clear change doesn’t come from opportunism, but rather necessity
- Make it obvious to others that their voice was taken into account
Source - Inc.