Retention woes can be traced back to this one person
What can you do to hold on to employees from leaving for another job? First off you have to know why employees leave. According to s new Manpower Survey 88% of workers leaves for reasons other than money. The top 10 list why employees leave.
- Limited career opportunities (16%)
- Lack of respect/support from supervisor (13%)
- Money (12%)
- Lack of interesting/challenging job duties (11%)
- Lack of leadership from supervisor (9%)
- Bad work hours (6%)
- Unavoidable reasons (5%)
- Bad employee relations by supervisor (4%)
- Favoritism by supervisor (4%)
- Lack of recognition for contributions (4%)
Four out of the 10 results involves a supervisor. Having an effective and strong is key for retaining employees. When employees are satisfied with their manager, employees are more likely to be engaged with their work. When Employees are engaged and happy they’re not going to leave.
Source - HR Morning